Saturday 19 November 2016

Entrepreneurial lessons by Jeff Jarvis

Link to blog: http://buzzmachine.com/2007/12/10/entrepreneurial-lessons/

The tips of how to pitch and form an entrepreneurial idea as a journalist was very helpful when coming up with a pitch for our final project in the class.

I found the 17 word theory very interesting. I always felt the more you say and the more clear you are, regardless of a word count is the best way to pitch an idea, but I learned that it is not the quantity of words necessary, just the quality of what is said.

In the ever growing business and corporate world we see today, journalism will have to evolve into a business model, and a profitable one, if it is to survive in the 21st century and beyond.

Jeff Jarvis, who wrote the blog, stressed the need to market oneself and how advertising your brand or business is key. This helped me think of ways in which I can use advertisements not only for revenue, but as a means of showcasing my idea as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment